Research > Communities > Local Town Photos > Cooper Hill

Cultural Heritage Center

103 S. 4th Street
Linn, MO 65051
(573) 897-2932
Old Cooper Hill Store
Donated by Grace Bacon-Ferrier

Original Store Building

The Dallmeyer mercantile store was built in 1858 across the road from the Leach-Baker Mill. Both were 1/4 mile from the Cooper Hill Landing on the Gasconade River. At river's edge stood a warehouse to store out-going and in-coming products.

Ferdinand Dallmeyer and his wife Wilhelmina (nee Lange) were operating the Store when he died 18 July 1871. Wilhelmina then married Timothy Leach, Jr. (born 1842 in Yorkshire, England) and together they operated the Store until his death in 1892. Wilhelmina then sold the Store to August Langenberg, Sr. (from Yvonne Leach Skouby)